Hearings Panel - Other
Rōpū Rongonga – Aha atu anō
Held in the Council Chamber, Floor 2A, Civic House, 110 Trafalgar Street, Nelson on Wednesday 13 July 2022, commencing at 9.10a.m.
Present: Councillors R O'Neill-Stevens (Chairperson) and G Noonan.
In Attendance: Senior Governance Adviser (M Macfarlane) and Governance Adviser (T Kruger)
Apologies : Nil
Note: As the rotational Chair, Councillor K Fulton, was not in attendance Councillor R O'Neill-Stevens assumed the chair.
Karakia and Mihi Timatanga
There were no apologies.
There was no change to the order of business.
There were no updates to the Interests Register, and no interests with items on the agenda were declared.
There was no public forum.
5.1 4 May 2022
Document number M19438, agenda pages 6 - 7 refer.
The minutes were not confirmed.
Document number R27031, agenda pages 7 - 14 refer.
Manager Consents and Compliance, Mandy Bishop, took the report as read and answered questions on the naming convention of streets and noted that some organisations have difficulties with Te Reo Māori naming in their systems.
1. Receives the report Street and Right of Way naming - JSL Partnership (R27031) and its attachments (A2910398 and A2910414); and
2. Approves the name “Oakhill Lane” for the road shown as Road 2 on Attachment 1 of report R27031 (A2910398); and
3. Accepts the name “Oakbridge Way” for the right of way identified as Access Lot 100 on Attachment 1 of report R27031 (A2910398).
Document number R26995, agenda pages 15 - 20 refer.
1. Receives the Report Renaming of the Modellers Pond Area – Te Pā Harakeke (R26995) and its attachment (A2909776); and
2. Confirms Commissioner Gary Rae’s decision on the renaming of the Modellers Pond area recorded in Attachment 1 (A2909776) as follows:
“Having considered all the relevant reports and documentation supplied with the request I have resolved to confirm the recommendation of the Community and Recreation Committee Resolution CAR/2022/004 to rename the Modellers Pond area, at Tahunanui Beach Reserve, as ‘Te Pā Harakeke’.”
Document number R26991, agenda pages 21 - 26 refer.
Team Leader Transport Operations, Matt Bruce, spoke to the report and answered questions on the relocation of the loading zone, the shared use area on Selwyn Place, and the reinstatement of parking outside 2 Rutherford Street.
1. Receives the report Parking and Vehicle Control Bylaw (2011), No 207 Amendments to Schedules (R26991) and its attachments A2909920 and A2909952; and
2. Approves amendments detailed in report R26991 and its attachments (A2909920, A2909952) to the following Schedules of the Bylaw, Parking and Vehicle Control (2011), No 207:
· Schedule 4
There being no further business the meeting ended at 09.19a.m.
Confirmed as a correct record of proceedings: