Nelson City Council
Te Kaunihera o Whakatū
Held via Zoom on Thursday 23 June 2022, commencing at 9.00a.m.
Present: Acting Mayor J Edgar (Chairperson), Councillors Y Bowater, T Brand, M Courtney, R O'Neill-Stevens, B McGurk, G Noonan, P Rainey, R Sanson and T Skinner
In Attendance: Group Manager Strategy and Communications (N McDonald) Team Leader Governance (R Byrne) and Governance Adviser (T Kruger)
Apologies: Apologies have been received from Councillors K Fulton and M Lawrey
Leave of Absence:Her Worship the Mayor Reese
Karakia and Mihi Timatanga
1. Receives and accepts the apologies from Councillor K Fulton and Councillor M Lawrey.
There was no change to the Order of Business.
There were no updates to the Interests Register, and no interests with items on the agenda were declared.
There was no public forum.
Document number R26981
Document number R26803, agenda pages 5 - 157 refer.
Policy Adviser, Ailish Neyland, presented the report and noted that the reference number on the footer of the feedback document was incorrect, however Recommendation 2 recorded the correct reference number.
Consultants Johnny O’Donnell, Ali Boswijk and Chris Ward were in attendance to present the Draft Arts and Creativity Strategy, which they had prepared for Council. They provided an overview of the extensive engagement they had managed prior to producing the Draft Strategy, noting that the process of developing the strategy had helped build relationships and had already activated new ideas.
The Consultants answered questions on engagement with Marlborough and Tasman District councils and confirmed that the intention was to create a regional approach.
Attendance: Councillor Courtney entered the meeting at 9.34am.
1. Receives the report Draft Arts and Creativity Strategy (R26803) and its attachments (A2908039, A2907758 and A2907761); and
2. Approves the Draft Arts and Creativity Strategy public feedback document (A2908039) for public feedback; and
4. Approves the consultation approach (set out in paragraphs 7.1 and 7.2 of this report (R26803) and agrees:
a. the approach includes sufficient steps to ensure the Draft Arts and Creativity Strategy will be reasonably accessible to the public and will be publicised in a manner appropriate to its purpose and significance; and
b. the approach will result in the Draft Arts and Creativity Strategy being as widely publicised as reasonably practicable as a basis for consultation; and
5. Agrees that the Arts Strategy Working Group Chair and the Group Manager Strategy and Communications be delegated to approve any minor amendments required to the supporting information or public feedback materials prior to the start of the engagement process.
There being no further business the meeting ended at 9.53a.m.
Confirmed as a correct record of proceedings by resolution on 12 July 2022.
1. Confirms the minutes of the meeting of the Council, held on 23 June 2022, as a true and correct record.