Te Rōpū Kaupapa
Held in the Council Chamber, Floor 2A, Civic House, 110 Trafalgar Street, Nelson on Wednesday 11 August 2021, commencing at 9.05a.m.
Present: Councillors T Brand (Chairperson), B McGurk and O'Neill-Stevens
In Attendance: Governance Adviser (K McLean)
Apologies : Nil
There were no apologies.
There was no change to the order of business.
There were no updates to the Interests Register, and no interests with items on the agenda were declared.
There was no public forum.
Document number R25859, agenda pages 5 - 17 refer.
Contracts Supervisor – Roading, Gillian Dancey, spoke to the report and noted the following changes:
· Trafalgar Street closure would now be from Bridge Street (not Bank Lane), due to safety concerns regarding turning traffic
· Trafalgar Square, Selwyn Place, Church Street and a section of Hardy Street to Montgomery Carpark would be moved from 4p.m. to a 2p.m. closure.
Ms Dancey noted that the Nelson Arts Festival Team had liaised with all businesses affected by the new changes and confirmed that all feedback was positive with no concerned parties.
1. Receives the report Temporary Road Closure - Youth Lane Event and Nelson Arts Festival (R25859) and its attachments (A2633258, A2632626, A2635478 and A2625113); and
2. Approves the temporary road closures for:
· the Youth Lane Event on 28 August 2021 between 1pm and midnight; and
· the Nelson Arts Festival from 9am on 29 October 2021 to 3am on 30 October 2021.
Document number R26013, agenda pages 18 - 29 refer.
Contracts Supervisor – Roading, Gillian Dancey, spoke to the report, noting no additional changes.
1. Receives the report Temporary Road Closures - New Year's Eve Celebration 2022 and Nelson City New Year's Eve Road Closures (R26013) and its attachments (A2683094, A2685441, A2694901 and A2698592); and
2. Approves the temporary road closures (referred to in report R26013) for:
· the New Year’s Eve Celebrations from 5am Friday 31 December 2021 to Midday on Saturday 1 January 2022 (A2685441); and
· the Nelson City Centre New Year’s Eve Road Closures from 8pm 31 December 2021 to 1am on Saturday 1 January 2022 (A2698592).
There being no further business the meeting ended at 9.10a.m.
Confirmed as a correct record of proceedings: