Hearings Panel - Other
Te Rōpū Kaupapa
Held in the Council Chamber, Floor 2A, Civic House, 110 Trafalgar Street, Nelson on Wednesday 9 June 2021, commencing at 9.02a.m.
Present: Councillors Kate Fulton (Chairperson), Pete Rainey and Yvonne Bowater
In Attendance: Team Leader Transport Operations (M Bruce), Contracts Supervisor – Roading (G Dancey) and Governance Adviser (K McLean)
Apologies : Nil
There were no changes to the order of business.
There were no updates to the Interests Register, and no interests with items on the agenda were declared.
There was no public forum.
Document number R23737, agenda pages 5 - 12 refer.
Contracts Supervisor – Roading, Gillian Dancey, presented the report, noting the temporary road closure process. Ms Dancey confirmed that a Traffic Management Plan had been implemented.
It was requested by the Panel that it be noted in the minutes that they had expressed encouragement to officers to provide a minimum of three days’ notice to those effected by the temporary closure.
1. Receives the report Temporary Road Closures - Te Ramaroa (Light Nelson) Festival (R23737) and its attachments A2589158 and A2589074; and
2. Approves the temporary road closure referred to in report for Te Ramaroa (Light Nelson) Festival from 9 July 2021 to 13 July 2021 between 5pm and 10pm daily.
Document number R22707, agenda pages 13 - 29 refer.
Team Leader Transport Operations, Matt Bruce, presented the report. Mr Bruce, answered questions regarding:
· improvement of efficiency and safety of bus services
· Access ways
· Formalising illegal parking / current restrictions
· Urban greening
· Overflow and alterations
· Applicants are in support
· Affects around change of trade
· Affected resident is in support
· Acceptable amount of parking in the area
· Vehicle parking/illegal parking and enforcement
· Police involvement
· Youth Nelson carpark
· Community benefit
· Urban greening/planter boxes
1. Receives the report Parking and Vehicle Control Bylaw (2011), No 207 Amendments to Schedules (R22707) and its attachments (A2666872 and A2662954); and
2. Approves amendments detailed in report R22707 to the following Schedules of the Bylaw, Parking and Vehicle Control (2011), No 207 (A2662954):
· Schedule 4
· Schedule 8
· Schedule 9
· Schedule 13.
There being no further business the meeting ended at 10.12a.m.
Confirmed as a correct record of proceedings: