Nelson City Council
Te Kaunihera o Whakatū
Mayor Her Worship the Mayor Rachel Reese
Deputy Mayor Cr Judene Edgar
Members Cr Yvonne Bowater
Cr Trudie Brand
Cr Mel Courtney
Cr Kate Fulton
Cr Matt Lawrey
Cr Brian McGurk
Cr Gaile Noonan
Cr Rohan O’Neill-Stevens
Cr Pete Rainey
Cr Rachel Sanson
Cr Tim Skinner
Quorum 7 Pat Dougherty Chief Executive Officer
Nelson City Council Disclaimer
Please note that the contents of these Council and Committee agendas have yet to be considered by Council and officer recommendations may be altered or changed by the Council in the process of making the formal Council decision. For enquiries call (03) 5460436.
Following are the values agreed during the 2019 - 2022 term:
A. Whakautetanga: respect
B. Kōrero Pono: integrity
C. Māiatanga: courage
D. Whakamanatanga: effectiveness
E. Whakamōwaitanga: humility
F. Kaitiakitanga: stewardship
G. Manaakitanga: generosity of spirit Karakia Timatanga
4 May 2021
4. Mayor’s Report
5. Hearing of Submissions to the Draft Long Term Plan 2021 - 2031 and to the Draft Development Contributions Policy 2021
Document number R24834
Note: Council resolved on 18 March 2021, to concurrently consult on the Draft Long Term Plan 2021 – 2031 and on the Draft Development Contributions Policy 2021. Hearing of submissions will also be held concurrently.
As requested, agenda page numbers have been removed from the submissions to align with the Hearings Schedule pages.
5.1 Draft Hearing Schedule (4, 5 and 6 May 2021) 6 - 12
Document number A2628305 attached (Attachment 1)
Please note that speaking slots are still being scheduled and an updated Hearing Schedule will be tabled at the meeting.
5.2 Draft Long Term Plan 2021 – 2031 Index and submissions
Draft Long Term Plan 2021 – 2031 submissions can be viewed on Council’s website. These documents have been circulated separately.
5.3 Late submissions to the Draft Long Term Plan 2021 – 2031
13 - 72
Document number A2628645 attached (Attachment 2)
5.4 Development Contributions Policy 2021 Index and submissions
73 - 159
Document number A2624441 attached (Attachment 3)
1. Confirms, in accordance with sections 48(5) and 48(6) of the Local Government Official Information and Meetings Act 1987, that Daryl Wehner, CEO of Port Nelson Ltd, remain after the public has been excluded, for Item 1 of the Confidential agenda (Port Nelson Ltd – Additional confidential information to submission 28018 to the Draft Long Term Plan 2021 - 2031), as he is providing the confidential information that will assist the meeting.
That the Council
1. Excludes the public from the following parts of the proceedings of this meeting.
2. The general subject of each matter to be considered while the public is excluded, the reason for passing this resolution in relation to each matter and the specific grounds under section 48(1) of the Local Government Official Information and Meetings Act 1987 for the passing of this resolution are as follows:
General subject of each matter to be considered
Reason for passing this resolution in relation to each matter
Particular interests protected (where applicable)
Port Nelson Ltd - Additional confidential information to submission 28018 to the Draft Long Term Plan 2021 - 2031
The public conduct of this matter would be likely to result in disclosure of information for which good reason exists under section 7
The withholding of the information is necessary:
· Section 7(2)(b)(ii) To protect information where the making available of the information would be likely unreasonably to prejudice the commercial position of the person who supplied or who is the subject of the information