Held in the Council Chamber, Civic House, 110 Trafalgar Street, Nelson
On Wednesday 2 December 2020, commencing at 9.03a.m.
Present: Councillors Judene Edgar (Chairperson), Councillors Brian McGurk and Rohan O'Neill-Stevens
In Attendance: Team Leader Transport Operations (M Bruce), Contracts Supervisor – Roading (G Dancey), Property Consultant Secondment (S Russell) and Governance Advisers (K McLean and E Stephenson)
Apologies : Nil
There was no change to the order of business.
Councillor McGurk declared an interest in item 8, Santa Parade Street Closure Application.
Councillor Edgar declared an interest in item 6, paragraph 4.10 Ariesdale Terrace.
There was no public forum.
Document number R19221, agenda pages 6 - 30 refer.
Contracts Supervisor – Roading, Gillian Dancey, presented the report, noting that additional information regarding Bay Dreams feedback had been emailed to the Panel on 01 December 2020.
Ms Dancey answered questions regarding Bay Dreams and clarified that all road closures would have resident access and confirmed the process to provide notice to residents if the application was approved.
1. Receives the report Temporary Road Closure - Bay Dreams South 2021, Sanitarium Weet-bix Kids TRYathlon, Christmas Carols 2020, Nelson New Year’s Eve Event and New Year’s Day Brunch Concert and the Santa Parade (R19221) and its Attachments (A2454412, A2451715, A2485128, A2487567, A2488902, A2488955, A2488658, A2488917, A2506229 and A2506264); and
2. Approves the temporary road closures as per report R19221 for:
- Bay Dreams South 2021 from 3 January 2021 to 6 January 2021;
- Sanitarium Weet-bix Kids TRYathlon on 14 March 2021;
- Christmas Carols 2020 on 24 December 2020;
- Nelson New Year’s Eve Event and New Year’s Day Brunch Concert from 31 December 2020 to 1 January 2021;
- The Santa Parade on 13 December 2020.
Document number R19265, agenda pages 31 - 65 refer.
Team Leader Transport Operations, Matt Bruce, presented the report, noting that additional feedback had been received and emailed to the Panel on 1 December 2020.
Mr Bruce answered questions on measures in place to monitor carpooling, Examiner Street’s extended parking time, Van Diemen Street kea crossing, Parkers Road considerations and confirmed when the amendments would become effective.
1. Receives the report Parking and Vehicle Control Bylaw (2011), No 207 Amendments to Schedules (R19265) and its attachments (A2512686 and A2514462); and
2. Approves amendments detailed in report R10158 to the following Schedules of the Bylaw, Parking and Vehicle Control (2011), No 207 (A2514462):
· Schedule 4
· Schedule 8
· Schedule 9
· Schedule 13.
Document number R21436, agenda pages 66 - 72 refer.
Property Consultant, Scott Russell, presented the report.
1. Receives the report Nelson City Council Easement - Corder Park (R21436); and its attachment (A1774706).
2. Resolves to publicly notify the proposal to grant an easement over Corder Park (Lot 1 DP 6100) in favour of Nelson City Council to be completed as set out under sections 119 and 120 of the Reserves Act 1977; and
3. Notes that officers will report back on the public notification process to enable the Hearings Panel – Other to make a decision on the proposed easement, subject to final consent of the Council (as the Minister of Conservation’s delegate).
There being no further business the meeting ended at 9.24a.m.
Confirmed as a correct record of proceedings: